What is an I-20 Form? An F-1 Visa?

An I-20 is a form that is issued to every qualifying international student by the school they plan to attend. If a school does not issue I-20's, it is not allowed to enroll international students. An F-1 Visa is a visa that all international students are required to have to study in the United States.  An F-1 entry visa is granted by a US Consulate office in your home country. However, if you are already in the United States with a different visa (B1/B2-Tourist or J1-Work and Travel), you may obtain your F-1 Student Status without leaving the US.